See beyond the restricted color and contrast of conventional monitoring with the SmallHD 1703 HDR 17″ Production Monitor. Featuring HDR preview backed by a 8-bit Color Intelligence engine with calibration capabilities, the 1703 can display a large brightness range, encompassing log formats and other expanded-range picture styles. The 1000 cd/m², daylight-viewable, 1920×1080 Full HD resolution display panel can be driven by one of two SDI inputs or an HDMI input. Each input has a loop output for connecting other gear in-line without the need for a splitter. All functionality of this monitor is accessed via the innovative Page Builder OS. By implementing full aluminum construction and the provision for separately available user-replaceable polycarbonate screen protectors, SmallHD built this monitor to survive the rigors of production in studios and in the field. A top handle for carrying and a c-stand mount are included, so you’re ready to roll right out of the box.
- ColorFlow 3D LUT Processing
- In order to keep your images consistent from production through to post-production, ColorFlow allows you to import 3D LUTs and display the treated image side-by-side with the untreated image to correctly gauge exposure while visualizing what is being recorded by the camera. Side-by-side preview can also be used with the HDR preview function. Separate LUT-treated images can be sent downstream over SDI and HDMI so you can have the 1703 display a log image or LUT-treated image, while the director or client monitors connected to the outputs can receive images treated with a different LUT. An image-capture function saves a still frame from the incoming video stream onto an SD card and also records the applied 3D LUT for post-production reference.
- Color Intelligence Engine
- When a separately available color probe is connected to the monitor via USB, the SmallHD 1703 can automatically adjust a 8-bit 3D calibration LUT for maintaining accurate color reproduction over the life of the monitor.
- RapidRail Shoe-Mount System
- Quickly secure and detach accessories such as wireless units to the rear of the monitor using standard shoe-mount rails. This saves time over traditional screw-mounted methods and keeps your setup clean and neat. If required these accessories can be powered straight off the monitor using the integrated 12V LEMO power output or the 3 USB ports.
- Power Options
- Separately available V-mount or Gold-mount battery plates can be attached to the rear of the display. A mounted battery can power the monitor as well as attached accessories through the 12V LEMO connection. The USB ports on the rear of the monitor can also power accessories with a maximum draw of 0.5 amps per port.